RE: Netscape 4 font sizing?

by "Abhay S. Kushwaha" <kushwaha(at)bigfoot.com>

 Date:  Mon, 05 Jan 1998 09:41:30 +0500
 To:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

To the message:

Bart Szyszka (bart(at)bgrafyx.com) said:
> I checked NSN 3.04 and NSN 4.04 side by side and they have the same
> font size on my machine. Is your system set to large fonts or small
> fonts?

No Bart, that does not affect the display in that way - whatever the
font setting, it applies equally on both the browsers.

You could try one thing though:
  Check the Edit*Preferences*Appearance*Fonts tab in NN 4 and see if
  the sizes against the Variable/Fixed Width fonts match those you see
  in the dialog box that comes up when you select the Options*General
  Preferences...*Fonts*Choose Font... in NN 3

  It could be that your default fonts are set to different point sizes
  which leads your browser to display the pages in different fonts as
  HTML usually uses relative point size of 1-7.

  Also, you might even be using two similar fonts altogether!

See you around.

Abhay
kushwaha(at)bigfoot.com
Member, HTML Writers Guild
NASA reports its safe to land on the sun...if its done at night.