Re: Where to put <SCRIPT>

by "Michelle L. Kinsey-Clinton" <mkinsey(at)mindspring.com>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Aug 1998 13:23:10 -0400
 To:  HTML Writers Guild Theory List <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:41 PM 8/25/98 +0300, Volker Sch=F6ch wrote:
>Hi,
>is there any rule according to where to put JS inside a HTML-file?
>Sometimes, it is inavoidable to put it inside the BODY, but that
>generally messes things up. Thus, long function definitions und stuff:
>inside HEAD? Or between HEAD and BODY?

Function definitions generally go inside the HEAD... but I wind up using a
lot of inline scripts, and I've never seen that "mess things up" (unless
you count the NS3 bug where if you document.write inside a [nested?] table,
the code may show up as an artifact onscreen) ... perhaps there's a small
something you're doing wrong? If you have examples of what you mean, I
could look and see if I can see anything right off the bat (though posting
those to the theory list would probably draw the off-topical ire of the
List Guide[s]).

Michelle L. Kinsey-Clinton
"Was the bird viewable in all rearview mirrors at all resolutions? If not,=
=20
then I suggest that they validate their bird before posting it..."
           -- Michael Channing Wilson, 1998, reprinted by permission.