Re: Ten Second Delays

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Mon, 31 Aug 1998 19:26:21 -0700
 To:  Michael Abramovich <mabram(at)balance.com.au>
 Cc:  hwg-theory <hwg-theory(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:11 p.m. 09/01/98 +1000, Michael Abramovich wrote:
>OK, now I've looked at the examples in your post Kynn, I understand. I thought
>that a splash page was something like the page at
>http://drmartens.createtech.com/splash_swf.html
>but what you guys meant was pointless pre-home pages that add nothing to a site
>at all. I see I was wrong.

Uhm, no offense, Michael, but I looked at the URL you quoted above,
and got a completely black page.  [*]  To me, it sure didn't seem to
add anything to the site, unless it's a page about black panthers
with their eyes closed on a moonless night.

[*] Opera 3.2, Windows 95.  It's similarly blank in Lynx.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California