Re: professionalism and wysiwyg

by Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg(at)idyllmtn.com>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Oct 1998 20:56:03 -0700
 To:  Michael Abramovich <mabram(at)balance.com.au>
 Cc:  hwg-theory(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:40 a.m. 10/13/98 +1000, Michael Abramovich wrote:
>Naturally, I have no beef
>with the blind, but I can't help but wonder if some of those who so loudly
>champion the blinds' cause actually do anything of a practical nature to assist
>them (apart from code sites, that in all likelihood will never be visited by a
>blind person, with the ever present help of the validation god). I imagine not.

Well, I do, and I get thank-you notes, so I generally think I'm
doing a good job.

However, people who can't see are only a small subset of the reasons
you (plural) should create universally accessible websites -- and I
personally don't like to use ADA as an argument for doing so, myself.
There's enoug other reasons that don't involve bludgeoning someone
with a local law to make it a good thing to do!

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn(at)idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California