RE: HWG AWARE-TECHNIQUES (was Hello?)

by "brian walker" <bwalker5(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:45:17 -0500
 To:  <aware-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello,

My experience with PDF files authored in Adobe Acrobat 5 is that they are
quite accessible. Some of the techniques for making existing and new PDF
files accessible are limited as of yet - it works best if you have Microsoft
Word, but they are no more dificult than making a web site accessible.

PDF files created in older versions are less accessible, and security
settings in these older PDF files can totally disable the accessibility
features in Acrobat Reader 5.

Brian

Author:  "Web Accessibility for People with Disabilities"