web accessibility course

by "Susan" <susan(at)parnabyf.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Sep 2001 00:12:13 +0100
 To:  "'Captain F.M. O'Lary'" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:14 PM 9/25/01 , Susan wrote:
>Any suggestions on how to access what seems to have become the most
>inaccessible accessibility course around?

Fuzzy said squeak and he was right. I sent a message to a list run by
another organisation working in the same field. I don't know if they are
rivals or what but I guessed that would stir things up a bit. I was
right after about an hour the tutor sent a message to that list
explaining the problems he was having. Sometimes it is not what you say
but where you say that brings results. Mind you this was the fifth
different address I had sent messages to to try and find out what was
going on and the first response I had.

Susan

--------
tutor's message was
--------
Hi, there have been problems beyond my personal control -- I just got
access to the classroom today -- and hopefully students will be notified
soon as to how to access the course.  I don't have a list of student
email addresses yet or else I would have sent out a message already. (I
have, as yet, no list of who is enrolled.)

These are the types of problems that unfortunately result when you have
a change in management such as the recent merger of the HTML Writers
Guild and the International Webmasters Association.  It's not the fault
of IWA nor of HWG, really -- but if I told you whose fault it ultimately
was, that person would likely sue me.

Hopefully I will be getting a list of students ASAP and will be able to
send out a message soon.  I'd offer apologies -- but really I, as
instructor, am in the same boat as the rest of you, and there's nothing
I could have done differently so far to make the course start as it
should have.  (For what it's worth, the other courses I've run have
never had this problem -- this is a one-time abberation.)

--Kynn