Re: This is not another WYSIWYG thread...

by "Debra Sawyers" <dsawyers(at)ptd.net>

 Date:  Tue, 4 Jan 2000 16:58:20 -0500
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

> >2. (Lois--please note also.) You can NOT--repeat--NOT, FTP to a
> >site containing FP Extensions. You'll mess up the Extensions.
>

> I used to have a site on a server with FP extensions and FTP'ed to it all
> the time.  My hosting company said it was just fine.  Guess they should
have
> been more careful.

Ditto.  My host said that normally they don't add FTP access for frontpage
sites only because most people don't usually use it, but it can easily be
confiqured to accept FTP without detrimental effect to extensions.  Only the
pages uploaded with frontpage will be integrated and use frontpage
extensions. This may be were the confusion lies.  FTP'ed pages, not created
within Frontpage will not use the extensions.  I am successfully using one
site to manage frontpage pages using extensions while uploading others by
FTP that use CGI/PERL scripts.