Re: Frontpage FTP

by "Bert" <bert(at)betterwebdesign.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:53:23 +0800
 To:  <HWG-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'day

> but my question is can anyone help me with ftp, uploading from
> Frontpage. I
> am new to Frontpage I have been doing raw code.

All opinions about FrontPage aside (I agree with them for the most part,
though FrontPage has its uses), Frontpage cannot perform normal FTP
functions.  However it has other publishing options:

First, you can build your site in Frontpage then use another program such as
Cute FTP or WSFTP to upload the pages in the "normal" manner.  This is no
use if you are using FrontPage extensions, as they won't work.

Second,  if you are building a Front Page Web, is to use the "Publish"
command in FP to get it to upload the site (all, or just changed pages) to a
FrontPage enabled web server.  It is also possible to upload an individual
file this way (right-click on it in Folder or Navigation view in FrontPage
and select "Publish Selected files")

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Web Developer