Re: Can anyone recommend a reliable hosting service for web pages?

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Wed, 6 Sep 2000 18:13:25 -0400
 To:  "Jim Tom Polk" <jtpolk(at)texas.net>,
<hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>,
"Michael Jon Muehlendorf" <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I would beg to differ.  A shell account (telnet) can be a security problem.
If telnet is not available for this reason then a "good" web interface is
necessary.  Also if you need services beyond a www and cgi-bin directory (
database, datasource, servlet zone to name a few) then an interface for
those services is necessary.