Re: Can anyone recommend a reliable hosting service for web pages?

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Wed, 06 Sep 2000 15:13:10 -0500
 To:  Jim Tom Polk <jtpolk(at)texas.net>,
hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hello Jim!

IMHO, it is a gimmick. I have used several hosting services that offer this
as an "extra", and I even played with some for a while, but I found them
cumbersome, and, in some cases, buggy. Perhaps it does help those web
developers that are telnet / ftp challenged, but I honestly don't see where
the advantage is. I'd be curious to know how many of us use hosting
services that offer the web interface, but ignore it.

As to the security issues involved, I would be talking out of school if I
commented on that, so I'll just take your word for it. :-)

In any case, HAPPY HTMLing!

Mike