Re: Opinions wanted

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Sat, 5 Aug 2000 15:29:40 -0700
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Freda:

If you are using IE-5 and move your mouse over the "links", the status bar
at the lower left of your browser clearly shows them to be .doc files.

I would guess the problem to be the rather impolite omission of identifying
what type of "link" they were by the webmaster. How many of us actually
check each link for address or type before we click on it?? I have the same
type of links on two of my novels but they are clearly identified as .doc
(Word) files.

Your browser is correctly doing it's job here. It's doing exactly what the
website asked it to do.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA