Re: (1)not able to create .html files and 2) disappearing graphics

by "Steve Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Tue, 25 Apr 2000 19:39:23 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> > Q(2) Why when I create  a new web page and specify certain graphics to
> > be used in BACKGROUND,  they do not appear when I
> > bring up Netscape, but without changing a single parameter, the files
> > appear without error when viewed by someone using AOL?
> >
> A(2) If you are using a graphic to be a background in a table cell,
> Navigator won't render it because it is not valid HTML.  However,
Internet
> Explorer allows it and AOL uses the IE browser.

Dick,

On second thought, please ignore my answer to your second problem.  I was in
a rush, on my way out the door when I wrote the message.  I don't know what
I was thinking.  The part about background images in table cells being
invalid is true, but Netscape will show these.  As John Shiver already
mentioned, we would need more detail to help.  Perhaps you could provide us
with an address to view your code?

Steve Antonio
santonio(at)delanet.com