Re: Mac HTML editors

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:41:56 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)mail.hwg.org>

Right on!  I am amazed that, most people it seems, steal though the methods
you described and simply don't see it that way!  They just don't get it!  I
serve on a committee at my church that advises the church on their hardware
and software purchases, and helps with installation, maintanence and the
like.  After a short time being a member, I realized that some of the
software the church was using was illegal.  I brought this issue up in a
meeting one day and most of the members just kinda stared at me for a moment
in disbelief,  blinking their eyes like I was an over zelous boy scout or
something.  To this day I'm not sure if they felt like they were excempt
because we are a non-profit organization, or since we don't have tons of
money that the ends justified the means, or simply they just never thought
about it, but I got a fair amount of  resistance at first.  However, I was
persistant, but diplomatic and I believe I'm winning the battle.  As a
church, I felt it should be setting a proper example on ethical issues.  If
they don't, God help us.

Sorry for continuing this off topic thread, I guess I wanted to tell this
story to show just how deep this mind set runs.

Steve Antonio