Re: Using Tables

by "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>

 Date:  Fri, 26 May 2000 10:59:44 -0400
 To:  "HTML Writers' Guild" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> This is a knotty problem. We are going in one direction, the printing of
> tables for standard monitor resolutions, but there is growing evidence
> that users are going in the opposite direction.
>
> Let me explain: there are a growing number of users of not just WebTV,
> but of Net Appliances. These mostly do not have large monitor
> resolutions.

Here's hoping that support for CSS becomes as common as support for HTML 3.2
is now.
What's so wonderful about CSS is that you can leave your content alone and
just specify styles for different media types (monitor, print, braille,
etc.) and it's the responsibility of the client device to use only those
styles that pertain to it.  At least that's the idea.

we can only dream,
Steve