Re: Image Question

by "Gary Bonham" <Gary(at)BonhamDesigns.com>

 Date:  Thu, 11 May 2000 15:14:23 -0700
 To:  "Mr. J Michael Cates" <jmcates(at)worldnet.att.net>,
"HWG-Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Gifs are limited to 256 colors but are lossless and can be animated.

JPGs can have 24-bit color but are lossy and can't be animated.

If you can live with <=256 colors, then GIFs are normally better as they are
cleaner due to the lossless compression. But if you need more colors, then
you have to go with JPG. Each has it's own place.

Gary