Re: How to set default printer for IE 5.00.2919 on Win95

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:17:40 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jay:

I am sorry but I can not think of another thing off hand. I opened my IE-5
and looked under the Internet Options, including the Advanced section, to
see if there was anything I may have overlooked. I came up blank.

Mine uses the Windows default printer. Sorry -- I know you don't care a whit
what MY copy does. I mention this only because I do NOT have the Distiller
installed. (I create PDF files using Canvas)

But like I said, my daughter--a high mucky muck at a local crisis center--
who DOES have the Distiller installed in her computer has been heard to
complain about the same thing.

Kind of makes me wonder if the Distiller or some other part of Acrobat may
have a "Set Distiller as Default Printer" check box hidden away. I know that
sounds a bit far fetched.

And I'm sure you have reviewed your working procedures to make sure that you
are not doing something to over ride the printer default somehow.

It's a little embarrassing. Here--I thought the only two subjects where I
was totally at a loss, would be women and proper grammar. Now I see there is
one more. [Long mournful sigh]

Good luck in running this to ground.
Best wishes
Ted