Re: Manuals created in Word - Posting on the Web

by "Ted Temer" <temer(at)c-zone.net>

 Date:  Fri, 31 Dec 1999 14:25:41 -0800
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sabrina:

As Webtv does not support .pdf files either, I don't see where an
Acrobat file is any better than a Word file for Webtv. Also--as
EVERY Windows 95/98 machine comes with WordPad that will open
.doc files I would think Adobe would be hard pressed to claim a
much larger viewer base.

Don't misunderstand--We work with both kinds and like most
"software" discussions, it usually comes down to what the end
user feels comfortable with. Personally--I kind of like .pdf--but
then this office is equipped to work with them. On the other hand
the AMA, (Academy of Model Aeronautics), that we work with, is
always getting complaints about the .pdf's on their site.

Best wishes
Ted Temer
Temercraft Designs Redding, CA
temer(at)c-zone.net