Re: Is It Possible to Execute a DOS Command Line from a HTML Page?

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Sat, 12 Aug 2000 12:54:21 -0400
 To:  <PStubble(at)MICROS.COM>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>,
"Mike O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Easy fella,

This is probably something more appropriate for languages.  I can think of
many reasons to use something similar if it is a server side ASP or Perl
Script.  You may want to map a drive or telnet to another server for the
purpose of "web-enabling" a log file created as the result of a process that
has nothing to do with the web or user web pages.

If the gentleman does indeed want to do this client side, he should be taken
out and shot.  ;->