Re: Is the Internet Down Tonight??

by "Paul Wilson" <webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:43:59 -0400
 To:  "C. A. Milton" <camilton(at)hauntedhalloweencastle.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I made changes to my site earlier this evening and signed on just now to
> check things out.  I've made many attempts to visit/ping different web
> sites, and all are either timing out or losing 50-75% of their packets.
>
> Have things with the new virus gotten a lot worse since this afternoon??

I just checked the log files and my wesbites are all up.  One is hosted in
Florida, one in Texas, and one in Maryland.  They are all up and operating
normally.  Since I have cable modem, I run an inexpensive program called Are
You There at http://www.cyberspyder.com/   It is inexpensive and keeps me
alerted if there are problems.   He also has CyberSpyder which searches your
websites for broken links.

Paul Wilson
webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com