Re: alternative shopping

by "Bryan Bateman" <batemanb(at)home.com>

 Date:  Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:30:15 +0100
 To:  "Lori Eldridge" <lorield(at)uswest.net>
 Cc:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I think a better way to go about this is to ask what tools the server host
provides and then determine the solution from there.

I will give you an example:

MiniVend (Interchange) supports DBI/DBD support for databases.  Unless this
support is part of the Apache/Perl build then it will not work.  Does the
host have a credit card gateway and will they let you interface with it
without using "their shopping cart solution"?

What information are you gathering from those people that shop your site?
Where will it be stored?  How secure is this method of storage?

Answer these questions and you will be further along in making the right
decision.