Re: Basic Graphics Question

by "Sandy" <wallama(at)eskimo.com>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Jul 2002 10:21:37 -0700
 To:  "Beth Adler" <doglover(at)cgmailbox.com>,
"HTML Basics List" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Beth, there is a purpose in doing tutorials, including the downloading of
selections, presets, filters etc.  Tutorials teach what the tools are and
how to use them.  Even if the tutorial object is something you will never
use, you will learn each time about a different tool and how they can be
used to accomplish your goals.

Learning any graphic program requires time & patience.  I find most people
just want to "do it, NOW" ... they are usually not happy with either the
program or the end results because they don't know how to use it to it's
full potential.  It is the tools, techniques, and plugins that you must
learn first.  Like learning how to crawl before you walk.  I think this
probably applies to any graphic program, not just Paint Shop Pro.

Remember, not only do you learn how to use your tools using tutorials but
you also learn tips and tricks that will make you a better artist as an end
result.
Sandy
http://www.pnwwebdesign.com/graphics/