Re: COPYING FROM A WEB SITE!

by "Cindy Stanley" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:20:27 -0400
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Dick <r.schweiss(at)worldnet.att.net>
>My concern is that the material on this page are copyrighted to Ron
Ziel,
>and I have his permission to show them on this page/site ... but ... if
>others attempt to copy them, are they breaking any laws?

If you were to put in a statement, similar to this, on your page:
 "images copyrighted by Ron Ziel, and used with permission. All Rights
Reserved."
this will show the viewer that these images are not public domain or
free. If one chooses to download those images anyhow, then yes, they are
infringing on copyright.

>And will those "codes" that were  posted do what I was asking ... block
>copying the photos on this page?

Using a "code" in your head tag WILL NOT stop someone from downloading
images. It is merely used as an obstacle from easy downloading. All
images that are viewed on one's web site is stored in their cache, will
they can retrieve those images from there.

--
Cindy K. Stanley