Re: need information - auto response

by "Cindy Stanley, SSS" <stanleysupport(at)prodigy.net>

 Date:  Sun, 12 Nov 2000 21:53:28 -0500
 To:  "Rachel Sz" <Pray(at)netnitco.net>,
"HWG" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
From: Rachel Sz <Pray(at)netnitco.net>
>I am in the process of building a website what I need to know is
>where can I learn about auto-responder email program and how
>is it coded??

not sure

>They would like to have it set up so that when a customer sends an
>immediate response.

When a customer sends *what*? Are they contacting via email or a form?
If the customer is contacting via email, there is a free pop3 auto reply
account available at:
<http://www.webmailstation.com/turn.html>

or check out TheMail.com:
<http://www.themail.com/>

Also, check out Smart Responder, that can be activated either by sending
an email or by using a form on a website:
<http://www.getresponse.com/>

If this site is hosted on a paid server, you might want to check w/ the
host and see if they offer a free auto-responder script for using in a
form (some do).

If you have access to the cgi-bin, then you could opt to go w/ a cgi
script for a form, that offers an auto-responder. One that comes to mind
is:

EasyForm:
<http://www.getperl.com/easyform/>

If you are looking for your *own* mail processor, then check out RSVP:
<http://www.chimerasoft.com/rsvp/>

or ProcMail:
<http://www.procmail.org/>

for Outlook or Exchange users, see MailMachine:
<http://www.4officeautomation.com/MailMachine/>

or check out Rubberband Autoresponder:
<http://mechsoftware.simplenet.com/rba/rba.html>

--