RE: Pop -Up Windows

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Thu, 19 Aug 1999 19:12:46 -0400
 To:  DPowell <DPowell(at)PACUL.ORG>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:04 PM 8/19/99 -0400, you wrote:
>How can I get a pop-up window to automatically pop-up when the reader
>clicks to a link (i.e. to have a survey pop-up in their window when they
>click to a particular page within web site?  The above script works for
>a "click here" command.
--------
If I understand you right, try this:
It will open a popup window automatically as soon as
the page has finished loading. Note that it goes in the body statement,
along with anything else you have there. The contents of the popup window
will be in another html file, here called contents.html

onload="window.open('contents.html','windowname',width=100,height=100');">

Hope this helps,
jimmy