re: Robots and Cookie problems

by Thomas James Allen <tjallen(at)pipeline.com>

 Date:  Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:28:30 -0400
 To:  "Rajnish Bhaskar" <9705228b(at)student.gla.ac.uk>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:39 PM 9/27/99 +0100, you wrote:
<snip>
>http://www.gla.ac.uk/Clubs/WebSoc/~9705228b/test/guest_test.html
>
>(I'm sure that I sent this before, but it hasn't shown up in any of the past
>few digests, never mind...)
>Please have a look and tell me what I'm doing wrong.
>
>Thanks for all your help in advance,
>Raj.

Raj,
Two things: First, remove   TYPE="TEXT/CSS"
from the line SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JAVASCRIPT" TYPE="TEXT/CSS"

Second, now netscape fails on the name of the form, so change the line
setCookie("hasVisited", RajForm.name, expiration);          into
setCookie("hasVisited", document.RajForm.name, expiration);

After making these changes, I searched my cookie and found your phrase
"hasVisited", so that resolves some of it.
Let us know if there's more.

jimmy
---
Jimmy Allen (Thomas James Allen)