Re: alt tags in image maps

by Michael Jon Muehlendorf <haoka(at)wi.tds.net>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Apr 2000 18:12:27 -0500
 To:  "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>,
"HGW-Basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:47 PM 4/28/00 -0400, Steven Antonio wrote:
>> >Do I need to break the image?
>
>The purpose of the "title" attribute is to have a 'tool tip' appear when you
>'hover' over a link, not alternate text for an image, only the "alt"
>attribute can do that.  Since there would be no image to hover over.....

I believe we ARE talking about links...NOT imgages...as was stated that
image rendering is turned OFF in the browser. Now, just as browsers show
the "alt" description for an image (so that users that have browsers for
sight impaired people can either "hear" or "feel" the alt text), so will
they show the "title" attribute (as a tool-tip) for the link, in which
case, those same browsers for the sight impaired will either enable the
user to "hear" or "feel" the description of the link offered by the "title"
attribute. WHEW!  hehehehe

So...I say again...put a "title" attribute in your href's, and you should
be all set.

Mike