Re: Splash Page

 Date:  Tue, 11 Jul 2000 21:09:34 -0400
 To:  "Ronnie Marchand" <rmarch0728(at)hotmail.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Ronnie,

<.META http-equiv="refresh" content="5;url=slide2">

Will do it (for most viewers).

A couple of things you need to know . . .

1) The number "5" above represents the time after that line is read by the
browser before the change happens. It *is not* the time after the page is
_displayed_ that change happens, so adjust accordingly.

2) Where I have "slide2.html" will have to be changed to reflect the page
(and target frame) you want displayed.

3) Why is it I almost feel guilty for saying this? . . . It *is not* valid
HTML and _may_ cause the viewer problems beyond simply not working for them.

4) Almost forgot . . . don't forget to remove the "." right inside the
first "<" before you test.

HTH,
Fuzzy

At 07:48 PM 7/11/00 EDT, Ronnie Marchand wrote:
>I am working on an already existing frames site and would like to have a
>splash page take a person to the frames index page automatically.  What type
>and code would I use to do this.  Thanks Ronnie

Captain F.M. O'Lary
webmaster(at)canopy.net
sysop(at)mail.ruediger.leon.k12.fl.us
sysop(at)mail.woodville.leon.k12.fl.us