Re: Consistent Cross Browser/Platform Font Sizes in CSS

by "Mike O'Lary" <ctfuzzy(at)canopy.net>

 Date:  Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:30:24 -0400
 To:  MEovino(at)Estes-Express.com,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Mike,

Ok. I'll jump off the deep end on this one.

In a word: You can't get there from here.

Seriously, it ain't going to happen.

What *does* need to happen is that your management needs a "how the web
works 101" class. I'm not trying to be disrespectful - I'm really not - but
the fact is they DO NOT understand the basic fundamentals __necessary__ in
order for them to be making decisions regarding the web presentation.

Now . . . with that said, I'm going to contradict myself (I'll be that is
no surprise!). Here are the only two ways that currently exist to fix your
problem and one ain't really a fix:

1) .pdf files - that's the one that isn't really a fix, because you are
right . . . 10pt Ariel IS different on a MAC.

2) The text as a graphic (Modem users, and users with no graphic ability
will hate you for this - but it will present uniformly for those capable of
waiting for the graphic(s) to load).

HTH,
Fuzzy