Re: Strict DTD a new twist

 Date:  Mon, 08 Jan 2001 07:18:34 -0500
 To:  "Darrell King" <darrell(at)webctr.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:51 AM 1/7/01 -0500, Darrell King wrote:
>The data a site presents...the informational content...can be stored in a
>markup such as XML that allows it to be presented one way for a platform
>such as a browser, in another format for a cell phone and yet another for a
>text-to-speech application.  This is a powerful tool for us...

You hit the nail right on the proverbial head Darell.

The question is . . .

What about the 70 zillion web pages out there now written in HTML?
To my knowledge, there is all of about *one* XML compatible browser on the
market - and it is not NN or MSIE. I guess that is not really a question.
But this is . .

Do we foresee everyone on earth rewriting their pages and deleting their NN
and MSIE in the near future?

That is what got me to thinking about this situation. The only thing
scarier is the thought of a XML WYSIWYG editor . . .
Aaaaaaaaaggggrrrrrhhhhhhhh.

:-)
Fuzzy.