Re: A fuzzy OPINION<Brick and Broom>

 Date:  Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:00:55 -0500
 To:  Gregor Pirnaver <gregor.pirnaver(at)email.si>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:17 AM 2/21/01 +0100, Gregor Pirnaver wrote:
>On Tuesday 20 February 2001 21:23 you wrote:
>> I'm thinking the same thing holds true here. You know
>> they do call it the *World Wide web*. That means by
>> default ~everyone~ ~everywhere~ "should" have the
>> reasonable expectation to see and interact with what you
>> publish there.
>
>We should call it World Wide read-only Web.

Why? I don't understand.

Are you are implying some functionality would be lost by following my advise?

I would respectfully remind you that most ~everything~ (and actually, a lot
MORE _functionality_) can be achieved using SSI that can be achieved with
on board JavaScript and proprietary markup. And using SSI, you can make the
"fancy stuff" work on practically any browser on the market - even the very
old ones.

I'm sure most of you more experienced hands (definitely including you
Gregor) are aware of that.

Sincerely,
Fuzzy.