Re: New to the guild

by Sandy Fields <webmaster(at)stankirsch.com>

 Date:  Mon, 09 Aug 1999 10:10:21
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:40 PM 8/9/99 -0400, Paul Forman wrote:
>Hello All,
>
>I hope this is the correct list to post for my question...
>
>How does everybody test their pages in the 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 browsers?
>I have a PC running Win95 and IE5 / NS4.6. My system won't allow me to load
>lesser versions and I can't afford a computer for each browser version. How
>do I do it?

Here's what I do.  I have Netscape 4.6, MSIE 4.0, and AOL 4.0.  I test my
pages in those two (I write the pages with Notepad and Netscape Composer),
and I have friends with version 3 of Netscape, MSIE, and AOL, and version 5
of MSIE (I'll be upgrading to this one shortly) look at them on their
computers.  I don't even bother with version 2 at all.  It may be a bad way
to think; but people that are still running browsers that old can't view
most of the stuff that's on the internet now anyway.