Re: Table Alignment

by "Billy O'Connor" <billy(at)kennet1.freeserve.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 19 Mar 2000 00:12:15 +0000
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Steve,

Thank you. Your a genius - I've been trying to get this fixed all day and
didn't even think to remove the width from the table. It doesn't need to be
there anyway as all cell widths are specified in the style sheet !

>Any cells that you didn't have data in were
>dropped past the point were your text ended in your tablebody section. This
>is because with some browsers, you can't leave a table data cell empty. So
>to overcome that problem, I filled your empty table data cells each with a
>"&nbsp;".

This doesn't occur with my versions of NS (4.51 & 4.61). Strange ! I'll put
them in though as they should be there.

>As a side note, the base element at the top of your source should go inside
>the head element.

This is something that NS produces, I haven't used a BASE. Just view any
webpage with NS and it will do the same.

> Finally, FYI- The "bordercolorlight" and "bordercolordark"
>elements are not valid HTML. Getting rid of these elements seemed to have no
>affect on the appearance of your page.

It does make a difference in MSIE. This gives more of a beveled edge on
borders. Take a look and you'll see what I mean.

Thanks again for your help - all.

Regards,

Bill.