Re: (1)not able to create .html files and 2) disappearing graphics

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Wed, 26 Apr 2000 10:12:56 +0930
 To:  "Steven Antonio" <santonio(at)delanet.com>,
"hwg-basics" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

<snip>
>A(2) If you are using a graphic to be a background in a table cell,
>Navigator won't render it because it is not valid HTML.  However,  Internet
>Explorer allows it and AOL uses the IE browser.
>
>Steve Antonio
>santonio(at)delanet.com
>
></snip>

Steve, I've used graphic backgrounds in table cells and they render just
fine in Netscape 4.6 and the preview V6.0 and even in Opera :))))  I also
ran the page through Browserola and true, none of the Versions up to 4.0
worked whilst IE from V3.0 worked just fine as you said.

If you are going to use background layers on a page, I don't know how else
you would go about it...but I'm certainly no expert and yes, I ran it
through Homesite's validator too, and got no errors :)

Did I miss the point somewhere ?

Kym

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html