Re: css and hovering<morphing>

 Date:  Wed, 23 May 2001 16:28:21 -0400
 To:  "HWGBASICS" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:14 PM 5/23/01 , Ted Temer wrote:
[ . . . ]
>I have used two--or even three--different CSS files on the same page. I put
>them in the same directory as the pages and call them as needed. Example:
><.LINK REL=StyleSheet HREF="temer-2.css" TYPE="text/css">
[ . . .]

Ted, doesn't NN still get angry when you do that? Did the "new and
improved" version (6.whatever) finally address Netscapes long standing
issue with linked style sheets?

Am I interpreting you statement above correctly? You are referring to
*external* linked style sheets, right? It is my understanding that NN 5.X
and below, and MSIE 4.X and below,` more often as not had rendering issues
with external style sheets.

Now, with that said. I'm the first to admit that it took me some time to
get the *priorities of reference* wired to make an external reference
perform properly (actually I still trip on it sometimes). Until I did, I
(often) blamed the browser for the *external* reference not working like
the internal reference. So I can see how the browser support could have
gotten a bad reputation at large . . . but . . . that ~was~ before I
actually figured it out.

Now I know NN (especially) has/had a problem with external references.

>On the other hand--if one cared about Netscape--they probably would not be
>using Absolute Positioning in the first place.

Amen.
:-)
Fuzzy.