RE: Stylesheets (was Re: How to remove the underline on links)

 Date:  Mon, 01 Oct 2001 13:13:20 -0400
 To:  "hwg-basics(at)hwg.org" <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:04 AM 10/1/01 , eandscon(at)javanet.com wrote:
>I beg to differ, if you had read the articles as listed they go over
>everything you are mentioning below in detail and they are easy.  If you
>think XML is easy and you seem to be recommending it below, then you are
>extremely mistaken.  I learned CSS with webminkey in a day, and use it
>correctly on a regular basis.  Maybe you should visit the site again and
>look at all the tutorials they have on the subject.
>
>Jennifer C. Swartz

Ok, I'll admit that sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake, but you seem
to be contradicting yourself Jennifer.

Are you saying XML is "easy" . . . or not? As CSS is integral to XML (and
the variants) it would seem that CSS and XML are different components found
in the same pot of stew, and thus can not be separated.

Would it not hold true to say that if CSS is "easy" then so is XML? (Is
Mexican Spanish harder to learn than Spanish Spanish?)

Now, with that said, I urge "everyone" to bear in mind that *easy* is a
relative term!! I find it quite easy to learn computer languages, but after
a few _ years _ living in Central and/or South America, all the Spanish I
was able to learn was "food?", "sex?", "SCUBA" and "Where is the Reef?"
("SCUBA" actually was pretty easy!).

Fuzzy.
<Not trying to rub salt in anyones wound, just making a generalized point>