Re: rollover with image map

by Christopher Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Sun, 05 Dec 1999 13:12:09 +1100
 To:  linque <linque(at)ameritech.net>
 Cc:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:21 4/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Could someone please point me to a tutorial or information on how to do a
>rollover in which the onmouseover event brings up an image that can be an
>image map?  I use dreamweaver, image-ready, and i *think* these programs may
>be able to do this, but i can't seem to figure it out.

There is an example on the splash page at the address below.  The image map
applies to the IMG tag, regardless of which image (SRC) is visible - this
shouldn't matter since the swapped image (with the clickable areas) becomes
visible onMouseOver the image itself.  The links + ALT tags are included in
the MAP using AREA tags.

   http://www.diaa.asn.au

Regards,

Chris Higgs <c.higgs(at)landfood.unimelb.edu.au>
Institute of Land and Food Resources
University of Melbourne http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au