RE: Thumbnails

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2000 21:16:22 -0700
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:40 PM 4/20/00 , Shelley Watson tickled the electrons and they aligned
themselves to form these words:

><snip>
>I had to do some thumbnails for an equipment page (walkers,
>wheelchairs) and was hoping that Photoshop or Paintshop would
>have an option for making them, uh huh - not that I could find.
>I just sized them down myself so that they were pretty much all
>the same size (pixel measurement, approx. 95W x 125H) and fit
>nicely on the page.  If someone has a better way to do it I'd be
>interested in hearing it too  :)

Quick and easy thumbnails in PSP (well, sorta).

1- Place the graphics you want thumbs of in their own folder.
2- Open that folder in the picture browser in PSP.
3- Set the thumbnail size where you want it (preferences|browser).
4- Open a second PSP session and set up the Capture function and start it.
5- Grab the browser window with the thumbnails from the first PSP session.
6- Crop each thumbnail from the screen grab as you need to. You can include
the filename, or trim it off.

See, that wasn't very difficult, was it?

Hope that didn't leave everyone's head spinning....

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com
phone: (509) 521-5424
fax: (603) 288-0200