Re:

by Tamara Abbey <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Thu, 01 Feb 2001 11:42:41 -0600
 To:  "Maryanne Martin" <mmartin(at)Cerylion.com>,
<hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:34 AM 2/1/01 -0500, Paul Wilson responded:
> >Can the following be displayed simultaneously in an HTML document?

>will go.">

>will go.">
>[...]
>The standard is for one description and one keyword meta tag only.  I can't
>remember reading about this specific concept, but imagine most big search
>engines and all directories would penalize this practice.  The directories
>actually inspect your webpage for scams like this.  You might get banned
>from some SE's and Directories just trying it.
[...]
You might also want to look at http://www.searchenginewatch.com/ for more
information on listing with engines and directories. More and more are
going with human editing and the meta tags are falling out of favor.

Also, the HWG archives are back in action (I just checked
http://hwg.org/lists/archives.html) -- do a search for search engines and
you can review how the policies are changing. It might also be helpful.

Tamara