Re: background problems in Netscape 4.7

by Jim <webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Mar 2001 05:29:24 -0800
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:46 AM 3/18/01 , Darrell King tickled the electrons and they aligned
themselves to form these words:
>I believe Netscape 4.x prefers an absolute URL in the url()
>attribute and the href of the link tag...?
>[snip]
>On 3/17/01 at 10:25 PM, ErthWlkr(at)aol.com wrote:
>
> > Netscape doesn't like linked stylesheets....
>
>I haven't noticed this on my pages. Can you provide more info?

An absolute URL works fine with NS, however all you need to do is place the
stylesheet and the html docs in the same directory, or reference all your
URLs from the root directory of your server (still a relative URL).

hth

Jim Parsons
webmaster(at)thedigitalpage.com
phone: (509) 521-5424