Re: how to insert into html

by Elias Thienpont <elias(at)assumptionabbey.com>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2001 16:36:55 -0700
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you are using Windows:

START> Programs> Accessories> [System Tools] > Character Map.

(On my install of Win2K Server it is in System Tools on other installations
I have seen it just under accessories.)
On some installations of Windows, you will not find the Character Map,
because it was not installed when Windows was installed, but it can be put
in from the Control Panel (Add and Delete Programs, the Windows Tab) you
will need your system disk.

The Character Map will allow you to copy the symbol to your clipboard,
which you can paste into your text.
Naturally as with all fonts, you user also must have that character set on
their computer, but using your most standard fonts, this is not a problem.

At 05:13 PM 1/18/2001 -0500, you wrote:

>I have a question:
>I need to insert the trademark sign, the R within the circle, that is in the
>Character Map into my HTML editor, to go behind a Dealership Name.
>How can this be done using HTML?
>Thanks in advance.
>~~Lanice~~

Br. Elias Thienpont OSB