Re: Should I put people's info on the web?

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sun, 29 Apr 2001 08:11:42 +0930
 To:  "Mark S. Ohberg" <netvertising(at)kiac-usa.com>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

><snip>
>What I find fascinating as spurred on by this thread is that when I went to my
>favorite search engine (on my site), and I type in my full formal name these
>links came up.  It amounts to a quarter of a track record, some of the info is
>even outdated some things have since changed.  The good thing is the HWG
>archives do not show.  Just an FYI
></snip>

Mark,

It is an interesting thread I was sure that in the past, doing a Google
search on my name brought up posts to HWG lists. This is something that I
mentioned on another list months ago, pointing out that what is said on any
list is pretty much accessible and able to be seen by anyone who cares to
look.

I just did two searches on your name.  The first time, I left out the
middle initial and got nothing related to HWG postings, but when I did
another search including the middle initial, the first two results that
showed up were from the HWG-languages and business archives.

Maybe the results depend on which search engine is used.

hmmm...interesting :)

Kym

Free Graphics for Personal Websites
http://www.conceptualeyez.com