Re: JavaScript in table tags

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Tue, 02 Apr 2002 12:04:01 +0100
 To:  <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 15:32 01/04/02 +0100, Hilma wrote:
<snip/>
>when i try to validate my code,  it tells me that i cannot have <script>
>tags within my <table> definition.

You can put a <script> within a td or th, but not directly within any other
table elements (see http://aamcf.co.uk/html/transitional/script.html). [1]

I'm not sure that JavaScript is the correct solution to the problem though.
The information you are writing with the JavaScript isn't going to change
very often (is it?) so it might be better to write it as a plain vanilla
static HTML page. This would certainly make the whole thing simpler for the
end user, and it would probably be more future proof as well (and it would
have better sideways and backwards compatibility).

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/

[1] See http://aamcf.co.uk/html/ for reference material on XHTML 1.0 that
was generated from the DTDs by perl. Its quite handy, and comes in an easy
to download zip version as well.