Re: Quotation mark

by Tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:01:33 -0500
 To:  Sean Collier <sean(at)chromata.com>,
hwg-basics <hwg-basics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:15 PM 7/13/2001 -0600, Sean Collier wrote:
>I was just wondering why some writers use quotation marks for attribute
>arguments and others don't.
>
>Is it a style thing?  What is the standard?

I always use quotation marks, I think it's part of the recommendation since
my pages usually validate with them and the validator's tag also has them.

But, they need to be escaped in some programming languages or they will
interfere with the language. A PHP programmer I know uses single quotes
around attributes so he doesn't have to escape the html quotes.

HTH,
<tamara />