Re: Resolutions 800 x 600 vs. 1024 x 768

by Annery Kiln Web Design <info(at)annerykiln.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 12 Jan 2004 09:57:11 +0000
 To:  "David D Pippen" <pipwax1(at)bellsouth.net>,
hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> I am working on a site and I designed it for 1024 x 768, which is what I
> use, however the site is not as attractive In 600 x 800. I would like to
> know how you guys deal with this situation?

No web site ought to be 'designed' to a specific resolution. If you
are designing to web standards you should be able to write one set of
code which will display in all browser resolutions and that will
degrade gracefully in older browsers.

Search Google for: 'Jeffrey Zeldman' and look at:

http://www.alistapart.com/

Marten Gallagher

--
Annery Kiln Web Design