Re: Alt and/or Title

by ErthWlkr(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sat, 6 Jan 2001 12:59:28 EST
 To:  hwg-basics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hallo Friends:

It was written:

> And if your website is not located in the USA and you think you have nothing
>  to concern yourself with it, think again.  Yahoo's auction site is changing
>  to reflect French concerns over hate items for sale (Yahoo is HQ'ed in
>  California).

Ah, but that isn't an accessibility issue the way we're defining it - this is
an individual community trying to impose its particular moral values on a
global medium. Regardless of the rightness/wrongness - it involves the sale
of Nazi memorabilia - this is a whole other sticky ball of linty wax...and
nearly impossible to enforce.

- Jeff K.

- Jeff K.