Re: clients dropping the ball

by "Jonathon Stevens" <jon(at)3spadefx.com>

 Date:  Sun, 17 Jun 2001 11:24:52 -0400
 To:  <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
    Kosha,

        This is a well known program to all web designers I'm sure.  I've
run into it several times.  What I've done is include in the contract a
"final date" that your final payment will be due even if the site isn't
completed.  This will allow you to collect the rest of your money from the
customer even when they haven't done their part in giving you the
information you need.  This has been very effective for me, because the
customer realizes they fully paid for the service, so they want to get their
site up ASAP.

        Another good practice for those who have already signed the contract
would be to send them a letter informing them that by 'such and such date'
you will send out the final bill if you have not received the information
you need from them.  Just word everything nicely and you should be fine.

    Jonathon Stevens
3spadeFX Productions