Re: Intellectual Property Protection (was: Testing)

by Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>

 Date:  Tue, 28 May 2002 20:24:09 -0400
 To:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Yes, you can have some protection from clones - after you have a working
> model, you can protect yourself with patents.

Do you have any idea how difficult of a process that is? (Wasn't meant
to sound cynically rhetorical, I have no idea, so figured I'd ask.)

>  Also, if they can't steal the idea, and can't
> drive you out of business, they'll often just buy you outright - sometimes
> to use the product, sometimes to make sure it isn't used. Just depends. What
> seems like a lot of money to you is just a drop in the bucket.

If there is a "pending" situation with a patent, and someone else
attempts to pattent the same thing, does it come down to filing dates
to settle ownership?

~ The U.P. Web Maestro (Nathan Lyle)

  E-Mail: nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com
  Online: www.upwebmaestro.com
   Phone: (906)485-4806

"When I was a teenager, Mom said I\'d go blind if I didn\'t quit doing *that*. Maybe she was right - since the invention of internet porn, computer monitors keep getting bigger and bigger.!" - Bill Ervin.