Re: Legitimate Mailings vs. Spam

by Thinker <thinker(at)thoughtprogress.com>

 Date:  Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:18:18 -0400
 To:  Judith Kallos <hwg-lgmgr(at)theistudio.com>
 Cc:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 10:53, Judith Kallos wrote:

> As usual, no $$ need be mentioned, I am more interested in reliability and
> functionality.  If you have nothing positive to say about the above
> companies or others to stay away from, please advise ONLY off-list.

Why do you suggest that we not mention price or if we have something
negative to say we do so off list? I, for one, would rather know if
product A is OK for the low price but if you want reliability you should
go to product B. Well, low price is going to be a relative term on this
list I am sure. I would like to know what 'low price' means.

As far as posting bad experiences with a product off list, wouldn't that
pretty much negate the need of the list in terms of communication?

I recently had a very bad experience with a product and if the topic
came up I would have to recommend against the use of this product. If I
made my recommendation off-list, the silent list member that was only
considering the use of the product would not benefit from my experience.

If we are truly going to revive this list for actual business
discussions, I think we should be able to talk about things in business
terms and business terms involve discussions about price as well as
negative observations about products.

-=Thinker