Re: Prerequisites for Selling Software Online?

by Maria Smith <maria(at)axiomweb.com>

 Date:  Tue, 26 Mar 2002 11:27:05 -0800
 To:  "Ryan Fischer" <ryan(at)gigabee.com>
 Cc:  hwg-business(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hello Ryan and all,

  Here's some handy links

    http://www.asp-shareware.org/
    http://www.euro-share.com

 Your  software will get cracked and/or pirated. This is a fact of life. At
 first  I  was upset now it's more of a "at least they thought it was worth
 cracking".

 We  distribute world wide through our website but if you do a pay up front
 and  then  download many of the payment shops will do that for you. We use
 regnow.com  and  regsoft.com  but look around see what your price point is
 and how the commissions are for you.

 Keep your license really simple and short.  Sure you could get a lawyer to
 create one but I just use the standard "use at your own risk. Company X is
 not  responsible  for  any  damages."  type  thing.  I've  never  had  any
 complaints  about  it. Read one of Microsoft's. Read the whole thing. It's
 down  right nasty and almost no one takes the time to read it. (It's worth
 reading if only to increase your legalese tolerance.)

cheers,
    Maria Smith        Website Designer
    Axiom Web Design   http://www.axiomweb.com

    TimeKeeper  http://www.crystallineconcepts.com/timekeeper/

ps.  How many of you use Macs and want a copy of TimeKeeper for it?