Re: Copyrighting a web application and idea

by Ivan Hoffman <ivan(at)ivanhoffman.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Dec 2000 13:03:00 -0800
 To:  Marty Landman <marty(at)face2interface.com>,
<jon(at)3spadefx.com>,
"HWG Business List" <hwg-business(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:41 PM 12/19/00 -0500, Marty Landman wrote:

>I'm in a similar position as Jon, except that I haven't asked for legal
>help from lawyers or non-lawyers nor am I seeking funding. However I am
>preparing to launch a demo version of my product on New Years, and feel
>very optimistic about its potential.

It may very well be that once you "launch the demo version" or, for others
on this list, expose the idea to see if it's worthwhile spending money to
protect it, there may be nothing left to protect.  If you believe in an
idea, then often you have to spend money to make money.  Learn value, not
just absolute cost, in how you spend your money.

IVAN HOFFMAN, B.A., J.D.
Attorney At Law
Lawyering With Integrity (sm)
Internet Law, Copyrights, Trademarks, Publishing Law, Corporate Training
and Online Education Law, Web Design Law, Recording and Music Law.  *A 6
Times Award-Winning Site.* http://www.ivanhoffman.com